P. Simmons, Lawyer
Experience:  16 yrs. of experience including family law.
11181181

Hello, recieved a restraining order a harressment restraining

Customer Question

Hello, recieved a restraining order a harressment restraining order agianst me that i feel that i did not derserve.I phone these people that are raising my daughter they adopted her she refused my call so I called the school she was in and i asked them if i could send a card and a letter the gal at the front desk and she said yes and she asked me what relation i was to the student and i told her i was her mother and that i was going to come to the school and do anything i just wanted to send a friendly card.I said ok so after i phoned the grandparents and sent a letter to them i phoned the school and sent the letter.I would of never sent the letter if i had been told that i couldnt.All these people would ha to say on the phone instead of talking to me as say miss greene we dont want u to see her would of been good enough,now i got served have tell the 6th to do something not enough time just got a day ago.i have not been at there house since the 90.s ...
Category: Family Law
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 7 years ago.
Can you tell me your question please?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
what can i do what rights do i have
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
what rights do i have
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
iam confused huh
Is the person you are trying to contact your child, or was the child adopted and you no longer have custody?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
yes
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

what can i do

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
are u still there
If you no longer have custody, you may have some problems. If you do not have a legal right to contact the minor, the parents of the child can take steps to prevent you from contacting their child, including filing a restraining order. You can attempt to challenge the order, but based on what you have said, I do not expect a judge would allow this.   The legal parents have the right to control whom their child sees.    Sorry to bear bad news   
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
but iam not stocking them i would of never sent the card if the school wouldnt of told me i could. i would like to file a restraing order agaisnt them.
You could try but it would not serve any purpose. I suspect they are not trying to contact you, but trying to prevent you from contacting them (and their adopted child)