Ask Attorney & Mediator Your Own Ques...
Attorney & Mediator
Attorney & Mediator, Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney & Certified Mediator
1723468

In my divorce papers that im looking over..In the disomaster

In my divorce papers that im looking over..In the disomaster after my husband income that was inputted in which was half of what he usually makes.. because of the market ..he owns the business. makes my spousal support very low...Now he wants to put in there that it is absolutly non modifliable no matter what. ..I was going to agree to it until I read it over in the breaf and it doesn't make any sense....How does that sound to you? Debra
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Attorney & Mediator replied 8 years ago.
You don't have to agree to it, if you foresee some business profits in the future say within 5 years. Not sure if a projection of business profits has been done, this is usually done through a CPA. If the projection is to be good in the future, then don't agree to it. You can also agree to limit modification only to certain specific events but maintain that it will not be subject to modification otherwise.

_______________________________________________

Please Note: My question is limited to your facts presented and additional information you post may not come in after my answer has posted, if this has occurred please let me know and I will answer further. Due to site tech reasons, oftentimes I am initially only able to see the first part of your post, so this may result in more interactions between us. There might also be a delay in my reply or answers, as I may be helping other customers, or called away from my office or have logged off. Please be assured your question(s) will be answered promptly.

Legal Disclaimer. The information given by me is not legal advice. You should not and may not rely on anything on this website as legal advice. I am not establishing an attorney-client relationship with you. I am providing only research, resources and information only for you to be informed and educated about your particular needs and my answer is limited to the facts presented. You are only paying me for such information given. I do not provide general or specific legal advice. . I also do not claim to be licensed to practice in the state where this information is being provided. I strive to provide quality information, but I make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained in or linked herein and it’s associated sites. As law is always changing, you are recommended to speak with the appropriate legal counsel for accurate and complete information. No part of this disclaimer can be copied or reproduced without the express consent of the owner [lawNinvest]. Thank you.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
wht do u mean events?
You can condition a modification for example if you retire, if you lose employment, if his business increases in profits of 10 or 20 percent as an example. I mean you can condition that support will not be modified unless otherwise noted.

Hope this makes sense. You have to tailor it to your specific circumstances.