Jack R.
Jack R., Family Law Attorney
Experience:  OH/TX Mediator and Attorney dealing with Family, Child, and Divorce Law
14472836

When I came home last week, my husband had left and taken all

When I came home last week, my husband had left and taken all of his things including a truck ]we are joint owners of, however I have been paying 85% of the bills for 2 years. Can he just take it without my permission, I also pay the auto insurance on it?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Jack R. replied 7 years ago.

As a joint owner he is allowed full access to the vehicle. There is nothing much you can do. If you get divorced then you can get the truck or value for the truck in the property settlement.

Please be aware that my answer is not legal advice, it is merely information and no attorney client relationship has been formed. You should always contact a local attorney for legal advice.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
okay, we are joint owners, but I'm making the payments on the truck, including the insurance, how can he keep it if he isnt making payments?
Expert:  Jack R. replied 7 years ago.

You will be able to get it when the divorce occurs. You can explain to the judge you have been making all the payments and keeping the insurance on the vehicle. The truck will be one aspect of the settlement.