Jack R.
Jack R., Family Law Attorney
Experience:  OH/TX Mediator and Attorney dealing with Family, Child, and Divorce Law
14472836

I have a13 month old grand daughter that I am only allowed

I have a13 month old grand daughter that I am only allowed to see at her her mothers house when they say I can which isnt very often. I want overnight stays in my home. I live in Indiana and my son pays his support on his daughter. How do we proceed to get set visitation?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  dkennedy replied 8 years ago.

HelloCustomer

Please give me a little more information.

Does the child also live in Indiana?

What about your son?

Does your son have visits?

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
yes my son and grandaughter all live her in Indiana. He can only visit his daughter at his daughters mothers house when they say. He pays child support regularly. We want visitation in our home away from the childs mother.
Expert:  Jack R. replied 8 years ago.

You can go to court and file a motion for a modification to the visitation order. If you don't have a visitation order then you must request one. It is possible that if the child was an infant the original order required the infant stay in 1 home. Now that the child is a older it may be possible to get home visitation for your son. The modification will specify where the child can be kept. It will also specify who will pick up and who will deliver the child.

If this answer was helpful please press ACCEPT so I may be paid.

Please be aware that my answer is not legal advice, it is merely information and no attorney client relationship has been formed. You should always contact a local attorney for legal advice.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
I am not satisfied with this answer. i am wanting to know what rights i have as a grandparent? I will just call a local attorney here in Indiana and perceed from there, Thank you for trying, God Bless and Have a Happy New Year.....
Expert:  Jack R. replied 8 years ago.
Good luck and have a happy health year yourself.
Jack R., Family Law Attorney
Experience: OH/TX Mediator and Attorney dealing with Family, Child, and Divorce Law
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX been made to you.