RayAnswers, Lawyer
Experience:  30 years as a family law lawyer .

My daughters father and I have always had a volatile relationship

My daughter's father and I have always had a volatile relationship that is now over, he has been terrible to me since I was pregnant and continues to be. Two years before her birth we had a bitter fight at his house and he called the police (no reports were filed) now he's threatening that if I file for child support he'll sue me for full custody of my daughter and because of that incident he'll be awarded custody because the court will deem me a danger to my daughter, Is he right?
Thanks for your question. He is not right here. You will be considered a fine mother here. This was some minor incident long forgotten here. Don't let his threats deter you here from being a parent. He won't get custody because of this minor matter here.

I am sure that you are a good parent and honestly getting away from him here is a good move. You will be fine here in court as you are a reasonable person with good parenting skills and you will present that way. I wish you good luck here and happy new year!!

Thank you and please click accept so that I may be paid for my answer to you. Thank you for using Just Answer.

Legal Disclaimer: The information given by me is for informational/research use only and you are paying me only for such information. The information contained herewith is not legal advice and by rendering such information there is no formation of an attorney-client relationship. I also do not claim to be licensed to practice in the state where this information is being provided. I strive to provide quality information, but I make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained in or linked herein and it's associated sites. As law is always changing, you are advised to speak with legal counsel for accurate information.