Ellen, Lawyer
Experience:  25 years of experience helping people like you.

Hi my name is Kim & I live in St Louis, MO My ex husband quit

Hi my name is Kim & I live in St Louis, MO
My ex husband quit the jobs back in May of 2008 so I haven’t got any child support since then also still he doesn’t have a jobs
1)     How could I make him pay child support & if he can’t pay due to no job later on if he find the job can I ask back date child support?
2)     First divorce agreement made in IL so we took % of net income but when we moved in MO, order to file the child support through the state I had to put exact $ amount which I don’t know his exact payroll was so my questions is can I make him legally show his paycheck to me 1 time a year something like this so I can requested exact $ amount to the state.

Please give me detail information if possible.

Hello Kim,

Thank you for your question. I am happy to assist you.

Generally speaking, when someone violates the court orders they are considered to be in contempt of court. To enforce your rights you will need to file a motion for contempt (may also be called an motion to show cause). In that motion you indicate what the orders are and how he has violated them.

In your situation, you would tell the court that a child support order was issued and was not paid. The court would then typically issue a garnishment. As part of the contempt proceeding the judge can order your ex to provide his pay stub annually.

I hope that the information which I provided was helpful to you.

If you would like any additional information, you can start your new question off with: This question is for FLANDNYLAWYER.

Please CLICK ACCEPT so I can receive credit - Bonus = job well done.