RayAnswers
RayAnswers, Lawyer
Experience:  30 years as a family law lawyer .
8534270

We live in the state of Arizona. We are currently trying to

We live in the state of Arizona. We are currently trying to gain grandparents visitation, we believe that we fall under the 3rd requirement stating that the child be born out of wedlock. The parents were married over a year after my grandson was born. the mother just filed a motion to dismiss beacuse they were married. Do we still fall under that category of a child born out of wedlock?.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  RayAnswers replied 8 years ago.

Thanks for your question. I have read the statute. My rading her is that the law is on oyur side. the child was born out of wedlock sicne the child was born before the wedding. I think that the courrt grants you visitation here. I think their motion fails. It doesn't say anything about marriage after the fact. Here's the staute for your reference here..

http://www.azleg.state.az.us/ars/25/00409.htm