RayAnswers, Lawyer
Experience:  30 years as a family law lawyer .

If a person with a crimal record with 78 accounts most of them

Customer Question

If a person with a crimal record with 78 accounts most of them DWI's ans domestic violence , also has been deported and could not go becaause he is from the USSR and that country is no more. He has suppervised visits to see his child and now wants unsupervised visit. What chance does he have?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  RayAnswers replied 7 years ago.

Thanks for your question. In my mind he has two chances here, slim and none. No way a court wants this person to have unsupervised visits with the child. It's one thing for a child to see him in the presence of others and exchange short time pleasantries.

It would be inappropriate for any other extended visitation and not in the child's best interests here. I can not see any need for change here. There has been no change of circumstances here that would warrant extending or modifying visits here.

I cannot see a judge modifying this here. It was and is limited for a reason and good one in this matter. No way to sugar coat his record here and the court woudl see that..