RayAnswers
RayAnswers, Lawyer
Experience:  30 years as a family law lawyer .
8534270

Hello,would you be able to help atall.I am wanting to adopt

Customer Question

Hello,would you be able to help atall.I am wanting to adopt my grandson,i have a preliminary hearing in one weeks time,could you please give me a rough idea as to what questions they might ask me,i would appreciate this very much if you could give advise,thankyou.miss phillippa beardsley. [email protected]
Category: Family Law
Expert:  RayAnswers replied 8 years ago.

Thanks for your question. If you are the applicant they would go over your name, relationship to child and other information in the petition. You would tell them that you are the applicant here and go over any questions they have about your relationship to the child and why the termination/adoption are in child's best interests here.

The judge would want to make sure that you are serious and involved for the long haul here and ready to assume the role of parent including support and raising of the child. It is a serious long time permanent commitment. They may have other background questions here. Just look the judge in the eye and give them straight answers here and you will be fine..

Customer: replied 8 years ago.

Hello, thankyou fot you answer,in the light that they said as in they have found prospective adopters,the preliminary is to last only fifteen minutes, i feel that this is a ridiculous time limit and that the hearing is finalised and that the courts etc do not want to hear my side of the case.

Well don't give up here. Appear and make a record here of your testimony. I wish you good luck here..