Lady Themis
Lady Themis, Lawyer
Experience:  Divorce, child custody, child support, etc.
11297241

I am a conservator for my daughter and need to fill out an

I am a conservator for my daughter and need to fill out an application for court fees and I'm not sure where my name should go as well as hers. I am not using an attorney. Can you help?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Lady Themis replied 8 years ago.

What state is this?

Can you provide some information about the form or perhaps copy and paste it here so that we can assist you further?

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
The form I need to fill out is FW-001. Does my name need to appear where it saids: attorney or person without attorney? My daughter is the conservatee and I am using her ssi benefits to show proof that she qualifies for the waiving of court fees.

I am assuming this is California...

You would put her information in the attorney/person without an attorney box. At the bottom, type or print: Your name, Conservator of Your daughter's name, then sign your name. It would be a good idea to attach a copy of the order granting you as your daughter's conservator to the application.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
It is California, thank you. but does her name need to appear in the plaintiff/petitioner box as well?
Yes, that will be her name as well as long as she is the plaintiff/petitioner in the case for which you are filing this application. If she is the defendant/respondent in the case, you would put the plaintiff's name in that box.