How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Lady Themis Your Own Question
Lady Themis
Lady Themis, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 7751
Experience:  Divorce, child custody, child support, etc.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Lady Themis is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am a conservator for my daughter and need to fill out an

Resolved Question:

I am a conservator for my daughter and need to fill out an application for court fees and I'm not sure where my name should go as well as hers. I am not using an attorney. Can you help?
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Lady Themis replied 8 years ago.

What state is this?


Can you provide some information about the form or perhaps copy and paste it here so that we can assist you further?

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
The form I need to fill out is FW-001. Does my name need to appear where it saids: attorney or person without attorney? My daughter is the conservatee and I am using her ssi benefits to show proof that she qualifies for the waiving of court fees.
Expert:  Lady Themis replied 8 years ago.

I am assuming this is California...


You would put her information in the attorney/person without an attorney box. At the bottom, type or print: Your name, Conservator of Your daughter's name, then sign your name. It would be a good idea to attach a copy of the order granting you as your daughter's conservator to the application.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
It is California, thank you. but does her name need to appear in the plaintiff/petitioner box as well?
Expert:  Lady Themis replied 8 years ago.
Yes, that will be her name as well as long as she is the plaintiff/petitioner in the case for which you are filing this application. If she is the defendant/respondent in the case, you would put the plaintiff's name in that box.
Lady Themis and 4 other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related Family Law Questions