AttorneyKaren, Family Law Attorney
Experience:  Over 14 years as a Family Law Attorney; Temporary Judge Award (2008)

my daughter has been living with me for 5 years and Im still

Customer Question

my daughter has been living with me for 5 years and I'm still forced to pay child support unless my ex closes her welfare case and then the child support case. she refuses what can i do?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  AttorneyKaren replied 7 years ago.
You need to file your own motion with the court to have child support modified immediately--then you will be able to have the court address the change of circumstances--your daughter is living with you. I would also call a local attorney to see if there is case law that allows you to get credit for the time that your daughter has been living with you--it would be worth your time if there exists any case law on this topic.
Hope this helps you out--