AttySince1978, Lawyer
Experience:  Family Law for over 20 years, which included acting as settlement Judge in the Family Law Courts.

My fiance is currently paying more than half his check a week

My fiance is currently paying more than half his check a week on child support. He's been getting more and more news everyday from work about going to a 3 day work week, and 2 weeks off at the end of the month. Seeing that it takes 3 out of 5 days he works to just pay child support, is it possible that he can renegotiate his amount per week without racking up back child support?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  AttySince1978 replied 7 years ago.
Your fiance must petition the court for a reduction in child support.
His request should be based upon a change in circumstances in that his work week has been changed which justifies a reduction in support.
He may want to wait until the change actually takes place because the court may say it is speculative if he petitions to early or before the change takes place. The court will want to see his new pay stubs reflecting the change. He should attach a copy of his pay stubs to his paperwork that he files with the court.

Please accept this answer so that I can receive the $7.50 as my share of the fee otherwise I do not get paid for my service. You can also
ask me a followup question if you are unclear about my answer. Thank you.