AttorneyKaren, Family Law Attorney
Experience:  Over 14 years as a Family Law Attorney; Temporary Judge Award (2008)

I am engaged to be married in Florida. what rigths will my

I am engaged to be married in Florida. what rigths will my fiance have once we are married and what can I do to protect my assets?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  AttorneyKaren replied 7 years ago.
The best way to protect your assets pre marriage is to have a prenup agreement. You would set out the terms that all of your property is yours--he would not be able to take advantage of any appreciation during the marriage or ask for reimbursement if money is paid from marital money to your separate property.
I would suggest that you contact a local attorney that specializes in family law and prenups and have an initial consultation so you can get an ironclad agreement that will protect your rights if the marriage ever ends.
Hope this information helps you--