AttySince1978
AttySince1978, Lawyer
Experience:  Family Law for over 20 years, which included acting as settlement Judge in the Family Law Courts.

I recently joined a health club and took my 9 month old daughter

I recently joined a health club and took my 9 month old daughter with me. I took her to the daycare there and when I picked her up the lady was letting her play with little Dominos. Aside from the toy being very small and not safe for her, the toy was dirty and the paint had chipped off into her mouth, teeth, lips and was under her nails. My daughter doesn't crawl or walk and was the only child in the daycare. I feel that her health and safety was put at risk and asked them to cancel my membership since it was only the second day that I had had it and also to refund my money. They said that there is nothing that they can do. The daycare lady also asked me if I was still nursing and when I told her that I wasn't she said I was a bad mom for that. I also had to call the doctor to see what the signs of Lead Poisoning were since there was paint in her mouth. Am i stuck with this membership or is there something else that I can do? Thank you for your help!
Category: Family Law
Expert:  AttySince1978 replied 5 years ago.
You can talk to the management about the problem you see with their childcare. You should tell them that childcare was one of the main reasons you joined their club. You discovered that their childcare is dangerous to your daughter and you need the problem remedied. They can remedy the problem in 2 ways: 1. get a competent child care person who is credentialed or 2. cancel your membership and you will go elsewhere.
They also need to refund your money.
You can take them to small claims court if they do not remedy the childcare problem which you see as very dangerous.

Please accept this answer so that I can receive $7.50 as my share of the fee and I can continue this service. Thank you.
AttySince1978, Lawyer
Experience: Family Law for over 20 years, which included acting as settlement Judge in the Family Law Courts.