Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Experienced attorney: Family law, Estate Law, SS Law etc.

I have a daughter out of wed-lock. She has overnight visits

I have a daughter out of wed-lock. She has overnight visits with her father every other week. He has live in girlfriends rotationg through his life on a consistant basis. Sometimes is seeing a new one with my daughter while one is back home. He askes my daughter to lie about where they were. Do I have any right to either request his immoral behavior stop while in the presence of my daughter or can I even go as far as asking for no more overnight. My daughter's moral and emotional well being is being jepordized.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 7 years ago.
You can go to the court and file a motion to modify custody/visitation on the basis of his co-habitation and the courts frequently grant these motions based upon the exact reasons you have stated, it is not in the best interests of the child to be in such a bad moral situation. File the motion with the court and seek to prohibit visitation as long as the girlfriend du jour is present in the home.

I hope you found my answer helpful, please click on the GREEN ACCEPT for my answer. This is necessary for me to be paid for my work and so that I can get credit for assisting you. Your question will not close, and you will still have the opportunity to follow-up if needed. Leaving a bonus and positive feedback is not required, but doing so is certainly appreciated!

If you have additional questions, please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

There can also be a delay of an hour or more in between my answers because I may be helping other customers or taking a break.