Roger, Attorney
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters

I have asked a bunch of questions on my Divorce. I am now

I have asked a bunch of questions on my Divorce. I am now hopefully in the home stretch. My question is that my wife has a huge pension and I have a 401k. We are settling on a date to define the value of both. Since they are just being figured out which gave us the value. We have not filed to create the paper work for the judge to split her pension to me. Question is can we get the divorce settlement done and have it ruled and signed by us and the judge with it requiring the paper work to split out the required money from her Pension? Or does that have to be completed BEFORE the divorce if final? Seems to me that we agree on the dates and the amount and it just becomes paperwork to get the split done. Companies I looked into take a couple of months and we want it to be final in a month. Thanks in advance.
So long as you have the logistics (date and value) in the order, the actual transfer can occur after the order is entered.

The order will likely state that: "the wife is further directed to split her pension within ___ days of this order in the amount of $______ as valued on __________ ____, 200__.