Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Experienced attorney: Family law, Estate Law, SS Law etc.

If my ex wife allows my daughter to go on a foriegn holiday

Customer Question

If my ex wife allows my daughter to go on a foriegn holiday with just her friend, and i dont approve, can i stop her from going? I have parental responsability with no restrictions on me.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 7 years ago.
If you have shared custody with the ex or you are the custodial parent with the responsibility then you certainly have the right to intercede and stop the holiday. If she resists you may have to get an order from the court to stop the holiday.

I hope you found my answer helpful, please click on the GREEN ACCEPT for my answer. This is necessary for me to be paid for my work and so that I can get credit for assisting you. Your question will not close, and you will still have the opportunity to follow-up if needed. Leaving a bonus and positive feedback is not required, but doing so is certainly appreciated!

If you have additional questions, please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

There can also be a delay of an hour or more in between my answers because I may be helping other customers or taking a break.