JD 1992
JD 1992, Lawyer
Experience:  Began practicing Family Law in 1992
11068102

I have an order of protection against an abusive estranged

I have an order of protection against an abusive estranged husband. When I went to get my things from the house (90 days after I left!) he violated the protection, harrassing me during the move and then blocking the moving truck. I didn't have a copy of the PO with me so the cop refused to do anything. Do I have any rights?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  JD 1992 replied 8 years ago.
You may want to consider hiring another attorney and filing a Motion for Contempt against your husband. Many times these type of situations only have witnesses who would be perceived as biased against one side or the other.

You were correct in filing a complaint about the police officer. That is the proper way to handle that situation.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you. I believe I have answered all of the questions you asked so I would request that you please click the ACCEPT button so I receive credit for my work and leave feedback if you have a chance. Please consider clicking "BONUS" as a nice way of saying "thanks" for a job well done, although this is neither required nor expected. Please remember that we can only base our answers on the information you provide and sometimes a misunderstanding as to what you are looking for or already know occurs so feel free to ask additional questions. Please be aware that my answer is not legal advice, it is merely information and no attorney client relationship has been formed. You should always contact a local attorney for legal advice.

Several customers have asked how they direct a question to me in particular. If you specifically want me to provide information for you just put “FOR TEXAS ATTY” in the subject line and I will pick up the next time I am online.