Ask Attorney & Mediator Your Own Ques...
Attorney & Mediator
Attorney & Mediator, Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney & Certified Mediator
1723468

I WAS JUST SERVED DIVORCE PAPERS ON 11-25 AND RECEIVED A COURT

I WAS JUST SERVED DIVORCE PAPERS ON 11-25 AND RECEIVED A COURT PAPER TO APPEAR IN COURT ON 12-3-08.MY WIFE AND I HAVE BEEN SEPARATED FOR 9 MONTHS AND SHE AND MY 3 KIDS ARE LIVING WITH HER PARENTS AND I DONT WANT THE DIVORCE .IS THEIR ANYTHING I CAN DO TO STOP IT.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Attorney & Mediator replied 8 years ago.
All you can do is object to the divorce, however if one spouse wants out of the marriage the court is not going to force the marriage to continue. Given that separation has been for 9 months that is clear that the marriage is " Irretrievable broken" and the court will grant it if she wishes the divorce to continue and does not agree to work on the marriage further.

Please note that I will be in and out of the office today. So there might be a delay in your reply. If you have further questions, please post them and I will reply as soon as I return or else please accept my answer for the work I have provided you. Thank you.

If I have been helpful, please click Accept for my time and research, that is the only way I get paid. If you need more help, please click reply. Positive Feedback is greatly appreciated and reciprocated. Feedback should relate to customer service and not about the law, which I have no control over, thank you.

Legal Disclaimer. The information given by me is not legal advice. You should not and may not rely on anything on this website as legal advice. I am not establishing an attorney-client relationship with you. I am providing only research, resources and information only for you to be informed and educated about your particular needs and my answer is limited to the facts presented. You are only paying me for such information given. I do not provide general or specific legal advice. . I also do not claim to be licensed to practice in the state where this information is being provided. I strive to provide quality information, but I make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained in or linked herein and it’s associated sites. As law is always changing, you are recommended to speak with the appropriate legal counsel for accurate and complete information. No part of this disclaimer can be copied or reproduced without the express consent of the owner[lawNinvest]. Thank you.