RayAnswers, Lawyer
Experience:  30 years as a family law lawyer .

My ex-wife and I got into a really horrible phone argument

My ex-wife and I got into a really horrible phone argument and she recorded it. I didn't threaten her, but I did say some really rude things to her. The divorce is done but I have a hearing next month to try and get back some property she took. Will this come back to haunt me?
Thanks for your question. The court will look to the decree and the law as far as dividing the property. To me the other stuff is just irrelevant here. If the law is on your side concerning the property you will get it back.

The conversation here is just irrelevant to the issues here in my mind and the court probably agrees. I do not see that it will decide the matter here. If this is marital property or otherwise was awarded to you then you are entitled to it and the court should agree.

Thank you and please click accept so that I may be paid for my answer to you. Thank you for using Just Answer.

Legal Disclaimer: The information given by me is for informational/research use only and you are paying me only for such information. The information contained herewith is not legal advice and by rendering such information there is no formation of an attorney-client relationship. I also do not claim to be licensed to practice in the state where this information is being provided. I strive to provide quality information, but I make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained in or linked herein and it's associated sites. As law is always changing, you are advised to speak with legal counsel for accurate information.