Daniel Solutions
Daniel Solutions, Divorce Lawyer
Experience:  Practicing Attorney for over 15 years
5180018

My partner has a 13 year old daughter. He has never had any

Customer Question

My partner has a 13 year old daughter. He has never had any form of visitation rights, but has been paying his child support. He recently changed jobs and the child support payments have dropped, much to the very high level upsetedness of the mother of his child. She has turned nasty and is saying she won't let him he see her anymore - what does he need to do to get legal visitation rights and what are the chances that he'll actually get them?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Daniel Solutions replied 8 years ago.
Courts do not like to keep parents away from the child unless the parent has a drug or abuse history regardless of the other parent wishes. Based upon what you have shared with me he has a good chance of getting visitation. He needs to go to family court and seek a visitation petition for the court to set an order forcing the mother to allow him to see the child.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Thanks Daniel - do you know how long the process would take on average?
Sorry,no I do not have a time frame because much depends on the court congestion. I can tell you that the earliest would be two months.