Ellen, Lawyer
Experience:  25 years of experience helping people like you.
9968427

I have received a request for a deposition for ailmony modification

I have received a request for a deposition for ailmony modification by my x husband's attorney. I am living on $400.00 a month and am on foodstamps trying to survuve while I am the full time caretaker of my 92 year old father in Georgia. I am 7 months behind on my house payment and am going to loose my home because he won't pay. I was married 35 years and have been divorced for 3 years. He claimed he lost his job, but is now working. Where do I go from here?

Thank you for your question. I am happy to assist you.

A court order is required to be followed until it is modified. Your ex should be paying support during the modification process.

Generally speaking, when someone violates the court orders they are considered to be in contempt of court. To enforce your rights you will need to file a motion for contempt (may also be called an motion to show cause). In that motion you indicate what the orders are and how he has violated them.

In your situation, you would tell the court that a spousal support order was issued and has not been paid. The court would then typically issue a garnishment.

I hope that the information which I provided was helpful to you.

If you would like any additional information, you can start your new question off with: This question is for FLANDNYLAWYER.

Please CLICK ACCEPT so I can receive credit - Bonus = job well done.

THIS IS FOR INFORMATION ONLY. NO ATTORNEY-CLIENT RELATIONSHIP EXISTS. PLEASE CONSULT A LAWYER IN YOUR STATE FOR LEGAL ADVICE