RayAnswers
RayAnswers, Lawyer
Experience:  30 years as a family law lawyer .
8534270

My sons girlfriend lives in NE, which in this state you are

My son's girlfriend lives in NE, which in this state you are a minor until the age of 19, she is 18. My son is 20 and lives in Kansas with us while he is going to school. We were wondering since she is considered a minor in her state if she crosses the state line or my son drives her over the state line to spend the night is he putting himself or us at risk for "getting in trouble" with NE state laws since she is a minor by NE laws and could her parents make this an issue?
Thanks for your question. She is a minor here but unless they are having sex this would not be an issue here. She can travel as a minor here. But if there was sex involved it could be a possible criminal issue.

Maybe he should bring a friend along here for witness. He would wise to be careful in NE here because of the age involved. And yes her parents could very well make this a criminal issue if there is sex involved here as she is underage consent wise. So be careful..

Thank you and please click accept so that I may be paid for my answer to you. Thank you for using Just Answer.

Legal Disclaimer: The information given by me is for informational/research use only and you are paying me only for such information. The information contained herewith is not legal advice and by rendering such information there is no formation of an attorney-client relationship. I also do not claim to be licensed to practice in the state where this information is being provided. I strive to provide quality information, but I make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained in or linked herein and it's associated sites. As law is always changing, you are advised to speak with legal counsel for accurate information.