Jane Doe Deer
Jane Doe Deer, Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney since 1986; Plain English explanations of support, visitation, custody, etc.
10033880

I have a daughter who is seventeen. I recently lost my wife

I have a daughter who is seventeen. I recently lost my wife through death. I have found a person I wish to marry in another state and live now in Oklahoma. I wish to move and my finance has wanted my daughter to come live with us. My daughter refuses and will run away if I make her come as well as cause a lot of trouble to us if I do make her go. Is there any way to emancipate her at her age so she can live and continue going to school in Oklahoma with out huge legal liability to myself.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Jane Doe Deer replied 8 years ago.

Good evening. Yes, your daughter is old enough to become emancipated in Oklahoma. You can't force it upon her; she must want to become emancipated.

I'd be happy to answer follow-up questions. If you have none, please "accept" my answer and ask for "Jane Doe Deer" the next time you use JustAnswer.com.

I wish you the best.

Jane Doe Deer