How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask RayAnswers Your Own Question
RayAnswers, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 39591
Experience:  30 years as a family law lawyer .
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
RayAnswers is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My wife went on a field trip with my 4yr old daughters pre-K

This answer was rated:

My wife went on a field trip with my 4yr old daughters pre-K class. She followed behind the bus(1 hour drive). When the field trip was over, my daughter cried because she didn't want to get back on the bus because kids on the bus were making fun of her speech problem. She wanted to ride with her mother. The school staff literally forced my crying child onto this bus against her and her mothers will. They denied my wife the access to her own child. They were just following policy, therefore, we took up the issue with the principal. We asked her to change her policy and adopt the policy of the other local schools(carry sign-out sheets on field trips). She stated she would not change her policy. Can they legally withhold a child against the will of her mother.
Thanks for your question. I do not believe that they can hold a child against her will. I think that you should protest this with the superintendent and take this to a higher level. I cannot see a legal basis for holding the child when the parent is present.

I believe that the principal here has no legal basis for denying a change here. Perhaps this needs to go up to the superintendent and board here for reconsideration. Hopefully they have their legal staff review it and come to a different decision. You might even consider a lawyer here as I feel like you might have a damage claim for the harm to your child as well as your wife.

I think a lawyer could make demand here as well as force them to reconsider. I think you deserve both an apology and monetary compensation here for the wrongs by the staff. Please don't give up here. Consider retaining a lawyer on this matter to remedy the issues here and the wrongs that you have suffered..


Thank you and please click accept so that I may be paid for my answer to you. Thank you for using Just Answer.

Legal Disclaimer: The information given by me is for informational/research use only and you are paying me only for such information. The information contained herewith is not legal advice and by rendering such information there is no formation of an attorney-client relationship. I also do not claim to be licensed to practice in the state where this information is being provided. I strive to provide quality information, but I make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained in or linked herein and it's associated sites. As law is always changing, you are advised to speak with legal counsel for accurate information.

RayAnswers and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related Family Law Questions