Ellen, Lawyer
Experience:  25 years of experience helping people like you.
9968427

what is the legall age in ohio when I can obtain Full custody

what is the legall age in ohio when I can obtain Full custody of my child?
Submitted: 8 years ago via RomingerLegal.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Ellen replied 8 years ago.
Do you mean when can your child choose which parent to live with? How old is your child?
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Yes that is exactly what I am asking. My child is 7 years old and does not want to spend time with her father
Expert:  Ellen replied 8 years ago.

A court order must be followed until it is modified.

Generally speaking child custody/parenting plans/visitation can always be modified by the Court based on the best interests of the child. However, grounds for modification must include a change in circumstances that significantly impacts the best interests of the child. Neglect and abuse will suffice as may a change in the preference of a 7 year old.

Age is not the only factor that is considered by the court. Typically, the court will take into consideration the maturity of the child and the child's reasons for requesting the change. Abuse and neglect are valid reason for seeking the modification.

I hope that the information which I provided was helpful to you.

Best wishes for a successful outcome. If you have additional questions, please do not hesitate to submit them to me directly.

Thank you,
FLANDNYLAWYER

Please hit ACCEPT so that I can get credit for my work

Bonuses and Positive Feedback gratefully accepted!

THIS IS FOR INFORMATION ONLY. NO ATTORNEY-CLIENT RELATIONSHIP EXISTS. PLEASE CONSULT A LAWYER IN YOUR STATE FOR LEGAL ADVICE

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
If things don't go well in court my x is wealthy what is the age where my child can Legally refuse to visit her father, that is my question. What does ohio law say?