RayAnswers
RayAnswers, Lawyer
Experience:  29 years as a family law lawyer .
8534270

I am in what I feel is a stressful situation. A little over

I am in what I feel is a stressful situation. A little over a year ago, I married a wonderful man 22 years my senior. I have a 6 year old son and 14 year old daughter from a previous marriage. This issue is a classic one involving a step-parent. My daughter absolutely hates my husband. She has always been disrespectful to me, but is extra nasty and disrespectful to him. She has called my husband all kinds of vulgar names, thrown objects at him, speaks to him like he is a child, (he will be 60 in January), does not listen to a thing he asks her to do, and, most recently, she accused him of hitting her. Strangely enough, she did not jump on the phone and call her biological father, as she oftentimes does. This is because my husband did not hit her and never has. I would like for her to go live with her father, who is married. She does not treat his wife this way, nor her father. Will the courts separate two siblings? Also, could a separation cause damage to my six year old?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  RayAnswers replied 5 years ago.
Thanks for your question. The court will separate siblings and this is done pretty often actually.If the father is willing why not do this here. Obviously the daughter is unhappy and it makes for a real stressful situation. I can't see that this will damage your six year old.

You can see that the siblings do have time to see each other. But time with different parents can also be good too. Maybe it's just a phase here and you are to be commended for letting the daughter try dad in this situation.

But this is not all that unusual that siblings get split up. Why not give it a try here and see if everybody is happier. I wish you good luck and sympathy for the situation.

Thank you and please click accept so that I may be paid for my answer to you. Thank you for using Just Answer.

Legal Disclaimer: The information given by me is for informational/research use only and you are paying me only for such information. The information contained herewith is not legal advice and by rendering such information there is no formation of an attorney-client relationship. I also do not claim to be licensed to practice in the state where this information is being provided. I strive to provide quality information, but I make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained in or linked herein and it's associated sites. As law is always changing, you are advised to speak with legal counsel for accurate information.

RayAnswers, Lawyer
Experience: 29 years as a family law lawyer .