JD 1992
JD 1992, Lawyer
Experience:  Began practicing Family Law in 1992

can you force a young girl of 14 yrs old to see and visit with

can you force a young girl of 14 yrs old to see and visit with her biologicla father. They are not close and he makes her uncomfortable.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  JD 1992 replied 7 years ago.
Yes, absent a court order she must go. If she doesn't it will look to the judge like you influenced her. The solution is to file a motion to modify and ask that it be made her choice on whether to go or not. This gets the burden off of you.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you. I believe I have answered all of the questions you asked so I would request that you please click the ACCEPT button so I receive credit for my work and leave feedback if you have a chance. Please consider clicking "BONUS" as a nice way of saying "thanks" for a job well done, although this is neither required nor expected. Please remember that we can only base our answers on the information you provide and sometimes a misunderstanding as to what you are looking for or already know occurs so feel free to ask additional questions. Please be aware that my answer is not legal advice, it is merely information and no attorney client relationship has been formed. You should always contact a local attorney for legal advice.

Several customers have asked how they direct a question to me in particular. If you specifically want me to provide information for you just put “FOR TEXAS ATTY” in the subject line and I will pick up the next time I am online.