Ellen, Lawyer
Experience:  25 years of experience helping people like you.
9968427

Hello, You recently answered my question My husband wants

Hello, You recently answered my question " My husband wants a divorce. We have a dispute over property: I moved into his house when we got married. At the time it was worth 150k. It is now worth abut 500K. He feels I am only entitled to half of the amount that the house appreciated (350K) since we married rather than half of the 500K. I think I am entitled to half of the 500K. We live in Seattle, WA." as Yes, I am only entitled to the amount its worth over 150k if it is titled under his name. How do I find out who is on the title? We are both on the Deed of Trust, but I know that is not the same.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Ellen replied 8 years ago.

Thank you for your follow up question.

You can go to the property recorders office in the county where the property is recorded. Bring with you a copy of the legal description of the property or, if unavailable, the property address. Ask the clerk to show you how to check the chain of title of your property. You will be able to see all documents that have been recorded on your property.

I hope that this information has helped you.

If I can be of assistance in the future, please ask for FLAandNYLawyer.

Please CLICK ACCEPT so I can receive credit

Bonus and Positive Feedback = job well done.

THIS IS FOR INFORMATION ONLY. NO ATTORNEY-CLIENT RELATIONSHIP EXISTS. PLEASE CONSULT A LAWYER IN YOUR STATE FOR LEGAL ADVICE