Ask Attorney & Mediator Your Own Ques...
Attorney & Mediator
Attorney & Mediator, Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney & Certified Mediator
1723468

I have a out of control teen who has put his hands on mom and

I have a out of control teen who has put his hands on mom and has cursed her he has gotten all "F" and i would like to place him on contract and if things get wurst make him a ward of the courts here in California.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Attorney & Mediator replied 8 years ago.
Unfortunately California is not going to accept the child as a ward without first charging the parents with child abandonment or neglect. I am sorry to have to tell you such news, but the state believes the parents are legally responsible for their children until their age of majority, so the state is not going to get involved unless the welfare of the child is in jeapordy. However, this should not stop you from creating your contract and then having him enter boot camp or other disciplinary program in your local area. These are private organizations that provide such services for troubled teens. You can find these resources through parent organizations or touble teen counseling organizations. You can also press charges against him to be admitted into juvenile hall for assaulting his mother, but again the state will not make him a ward of the state.

If I have been helpful, please click Accept for my time and research. If you need more help, please click reply. Positive Feedback is greatly appreciated and reciprocated. Feedback should relate to customer service and not about the law, which I have no control over, thank you.

Legal Disclaimer. The information given by me is not legal advice. You should not and may not rely on anything on this website as legal advice. I am not establishing an attorney-client relationship with you. I am providing only research, resources and information only for you to be informed and educated about your particular needs and my answer is limited to the facts presented. You are only paying me for such information given. I do not provide general or specific legal advice. . I also do not claim to be licensed to practice in the state where this information is being provided. I strive to provide quality information, but I make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained in or linked herein and it’s associated sites. As law is always changing, you are recommended to speak with the appropriate legal counsel for accurate and complete information. No part of this disclaimer can be copied or reproduced without the express consent of the owner. Thank you.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
can i moddify his meals when he is disrespectful and contiues to be out of control leagaly im thinking when he is disrespectful yelling at mom or others instead of family meal a plain sandwich and water?
Yes, that will work. So long as he is with basic food and water that is not considered being abusive or negligent. Discipline can be reasonably appropriate so long as it does not "hurt" the child.