hocuspocusme, USA Legal
Experience:  If you are satisfied, please press the accept button so I will be paid for my time and services.

My daughter is moving upstate with my brother and I need to

My daughter is moving upstate with my brother and I need to transfer her to a school over there. What do i need to do in this case?
You will need to give your brother educational guardianship over your daughter so that he can make decsions concerning your daughters welfare. It is a simple document drawn up in an attorneys office and will costs in the neighborhood of 100 US dollars. Call a family attorney for a good quote. This will not affect custody of the child. It is just for educational purposes.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
So if I send her and he tries to enroll her or I go and try to enroll her they will request this? It can not be a letter from me notorized?
Hi, I understand your situation. A notarized letter will not be suffient because a notary does not have the power to give guardianship of educational rights and medical rights,ie in situations of sort such as this because your daughter is going to be living with your brother in another state.

You will need to go through a local family attorney. It will not be that expensive.