Ellen, Lawyer
Experience:  25 years of experience helping people like you.
9968427

my ex-husband wants to send our child to a expensive bording

my ex-husband wants to send our child to a expensive bording school without my o.k.,she is 16,we both have equal custody ,my ex.says our child can be an emancipated child at 16 and therfor will not need my prrmission,can this be possible ?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Ellen replied 8 years ago.
Who is expected to pay for the school? Does your daughter want to attend the school?
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
yes my daughter wants to attend this school,my ex wants me to pay half,i in no way can afford this.our daughter will be going off to college when she is 18 ,i would like her to be with me 4 those 2 years.my ex says it does not matter what i want if our daughter becomes emancipated.
Expert:  Ellen replied 8 years ago.

Thank you for your information. I am happy to assist you.

If your daughter were emancipated, you would have no obligation to pay for the school. This would mean that your ex could pay in full or your daughter could pay or stay home.

If your ex wants you to pay for the school, his remedy is to file an action in court to modify the parenting plan.

I hope that the information which I provided was helpful to you.

Best wishes for a successful outcome. If you have additional questions, please do not hesitate to submit them to me directly.

Thank you,
FLAandNYLAWYER

Please click ACCEPT so that I can get credit for my work

Bonus and Positive Feedback gratefully accepted!

THIS IS FOR INFORMATION ONLY. NO ATTORNEY-CLIENT RELATIONSHIP EXISTS. PLEASE CONSULT A LAWYER IN YOUR STATE FOR LEGAL ADVICE