Dave Kennett
Dave Kennett, Lawyer
Experience:  25 years experience as practicing attorney

I live in a town where the police and local town officials

I live in a town where the police and local town officials are literally refusing to enforce town bylaws and laws. For instance, at this moment and over the last six years plus, there's a family riding dirt bikes in our development and the police refuse to do anything about it. This is in the state of MA.. Within our development two lots were sold to two Arian Nation families who have everyone afraid to report them to the police, because the police will not enforce laws and bylaws concerning building. One of the Arian Nation guy's has been building a home in the developement for four years. He's been reported for using the lot to sell used cars within the development, running heavy equipment late into the evening despite town and state laws, having a bonfire last October on the lot, wherin the police refused to stop this activity and break up the Arian Brotherhood party....and they still don't even have an occupancy permit. We've trid to sell, though folks won't buy with this activity.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Dave Kennett replied 7 years ago.

DearCustomer- I'm not exactly certain what question you have but I am assuming you want to find out how to force the police to enforce the laws. This can be very difficult to do since the police seem to do what they want, especially when it comes to which laws they enforce.

You can file a suit in your local court for a writ of mandamus to have the judge issue an order to the police to enforce these laws that you say are being broken. This can be very complicated and you will certainly need to retain the services of an attorney to handle this type of action.

David Kennett - JD - Attorney at Law