hocuspocusme, USA Legal
Experience:  If you are satisfied, please press the accept button so I will be paid for my time and services.

From Michigan , Legally what will I have to provide my future

From Michigan , Legally what will I have to provide my future x-wife as far as retierment and health care.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  hocuspocusme replied 7 years ago.
Legally you will only have to afford her the convenience of health insurace for ahwile which is usually one year and then the COBRA plan will be introduced for her to carry as an option. Yes you will have to distribute your retirement plan from the time you were married to her until the time you filed for divorce. It will be shared equally.
Michigan is community property and equitable distribution state which means that they distribute assets equally to both parties of the mariage.