How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask CALawyer Your Own Question
CALawyer, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 1655
Experience:  California Family Law Attorney
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
CALawyer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

this is a followup question for Debra Thal. If the situation

Resolved Question:

this is a followup question for Debra Thal. If the situation is unbearable at home and I need to move out ASAP, than do I still need to see a family lawyer and get advise while I am still living in this situation. There are two kids in this marriage.
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  CALawyer replied 8 years ago.
It does not appear that Debra is available to answer right now, so I am trying to assist.

I would recommend consulting with a family lawyer despite the situation. If the situation is unbearable and there are a need for any temporary or fast orders, an attorney could give you the best chance of obtaining them.

Its also a good idea to have an attorneys advice throughout the entire process so that you don't make any mistakes that could result in you losing some ground later on in the process. An example would be, if you move out of the house now, it could be hard to get an order that the wife should move out of the house and you should live there later. On the other hand, if you had an attorney and went through the courts, you might be able to get an order that the wife has to move.

If this information was helpful, please click ACCEPT to give me credit for answering. Bonuses and positive feedback are appreciated if deserved. If you need any clarification, just post a reply. Thanks!
CALawyer and 4 other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related Family Law Questions