Ask Attorney & Mediator Your Own Ques...
Attorney & Mediator
Attorney & Mediator, Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney & Certified Mediator
1723468

If I am overseas and they just suspended my passport because

Customer Question

If I am overseas and they just suspended my passport because I owe over the 5,000 now, will I be detained if I try to travel overseas, is the middleast and asia hooked to our passport system. p.s. I have sent a check in full to child support, but I know it takes a while before I am cleared off the program. My work is requiring me to travel before my payment gets to child support. thanks
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Attorney & Mediator replied 8 years ago.
It depends on what specific orders have been issued for your particular suspension. They all vary. Some can revoke your passport, limit access to return to the state, prohibit overseas travel and yes issue a warrant out for your arrest. Again, it depends on what particular orders have been issued for your case. The only way to find out would be to contact the specific agency that issued the passport denial to see what they ordered. Given that you have issued payment, I would let them know to see if they are agreeable to give you a limited right to travel while you are overseas. Just be aware they will be hard to convince until they get payment.

If I have been helpful, please click Accept for my time and research. If you need more help or clarification, please click reply. Positive Feedback is greatly appreciated and reciprocated. Feedback should relate to customer service and not about the law, which I have no control over, thank you.

Legal Disclaimer. The information given by me is not legal advice. . You should not and may not rely on anything on this website as legal advice. I am not establishing an attorney-client relationship with you. I am providing only research, resources and information only for you to be informed and educated about your particular needs and my answer is limited to the facts presented. I do not provide general or specific legal advice. . I also do not claim to be licensed to practice in the state where this information is being provided. I strive to provide quality information, but I make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained in or linked herein and it’s associated sites. As law is always changing, you are recommended to speak with the appropriate legal counsel for accurate and complete information. No part of this disclaimer can be reproduced without the consent of the owner. Thank you.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
I am already in the middleast, would they be able to check this when I go to leave there airport. I am traveling to thailand. I know there is no warrant, ohio is the state that issued the suspension. thanks I am suppose to leave tomorrow and I dont want to get detained, this would cost me my job, but so would refusing to go.
Yes, I understand your dilema.

Depends on the information the airport has at their disposal. Not sure what information they have in middleast airports. But generally the airport would be alerted about the suspension and be given information if travel is restricted (such as to return home only) or limited. I wish I could tell you what the middleast airport would tell you. Instead of waiting for the date of travel, call them now.

Sorry, I wish I had better options to offer you.