hocuspocusme, USA Legal
Experience:  If you are satisfied, please press the accept button so I will be paid for my time and services.

I was married in Ontario. I want a divorce. The marriage was

Customer Question

I was married in Ontario. I want a divorce. The marriage was never consumated and my wife is mentally ill and abusive. She is on disbility and wont give me the money that is rightfully mine sent by the government. I have no money, can I get a waiver of fees for filing a divorce?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  hocuspocusme replied 7 years ago.
In order to successfully get a waiver for filing fees you will have to do a statement of means and qualify. You have to show that you have little resources available after paying housing and other living expenses. Being on disability you should qualify but I am not certain unless I see the form. Call down to the courthouse and ask for the limit on income and the allowances allowed.