CALawyer
CALawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  California Family Law Attorney
2669768

my work received a financial about me for child support. How

my work received a financial about me for child support. How long will it take my ex to get a court order for child support? Also, how will they determine how much I have to pay? I work full time and make 3200/month gross. I live in MN.
Usually a temporary support order can be obtained within a month.

Then the permanent support order could take a longer time depending on whether you decide to fight it.

There is a formula used to calculate the support payments. You can find it at the state's website at the following link: CLICK HERE.

It takes a lot more info than just your income to determine exactly what support would be, but the calculator is pretty easy to use.

If this information was helpful, please click ACCEPT to give me credit for answering. Bonuses and positive feedback are appreciated if deserved. If you need any clarification, just post a reply. Thanks!
Customer: replied 8 years ago.

can they garnish my wages on a temporary support order? IF so how long would that take before they start taking my wages? or do they need a permanent order to garnish my wages? Also, can they suspend my drivers licsence during a temporary order?

Yes. They can garnish wages on a temporary order. I would give about the same time frame. Possibly another week to get the support order served.

However, if there is some emergency need for the support and she can convince the judge to do so, she could get an order shortening time and get a temporary support order inside of a couple weeks.