Dave Kennett
Dave Kennett, Lawyer
Experience:  25 years experience as practicing attorney

My husband has been cheating on me with 1 girl. We are at

Customer Question

My husband has been cheating on me with 1 girl. We are at the end of the divorce proceedings and trying to negotiate a settlement. Now he is in no hurry to get divorced. What control do I have over him legally as my husband. If I can not control him to not go over to her house, he has no reason to get divorced. In fact, he has every reason not to want to because he is getting everything his way.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Dave Kennett replied 7 years ago.

DearCustomer- Obviously you cannot keep him from going where he wants. The court will keep the divorce case going and if he won't settle then have your attorney ask the court for a trial date and let the court decide the issue. Once there is a trial date he will either have to settle or put his fate in the court's hand's.

You cannot control him just because you are married so you need to speed up the divorce process.

David Kennett - JD - Attorney at Law