RayAnswers
RayAnswers, Lawyer
Experience:  30 years as a family law lawyer .
8534270

can your spouse file a petition to stop you from entering a

can your spouse file a petition to stop you from entering a new relationship while waiting for divorce to be final
Category: Family Law
Expert:  RayAnswers replied 8 years ago.
Thanks for your question. The only thing close to this would be in a custody case where the court would restrict overnight visitors or something similar. But we have no restrictions on somebody starting another relationship.

There would be a period after divorce before you can remarry here. I would recommend you really be aware of and keep any such relationship low key. It could heave repercussions even though it's not forbidden. Dating during divorce is risky in a lot of ways and should be done carefully with much forethought..

Thank you and please click accept so that I may be paid for my answer to you. Thank you for using Just Answer.

Legal Disclaimer: The information given by me is for informational/research use only and you are paying me only for such information. The information contained herewith is not legal advice and by rendering such information there is no formation of an attorney-client relationship. I also do not claim to be licensed to practice in the state where this information is being provided. I strive to provide quality information, but I make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained in or linked herein and it's associated sites. As law is always changing, you are advised to speak with legal counsel for accurate information.