InformationForYou, Family Law Attorney
Experience:  18 years as a family law attorney, adjunct law professor

I filed against my wife for divorce, she countersuited. We

I filed against my wife for divorce, she countersuited. We have now decided that we want to try one more time. We are basically done and agree on the divorce terms and custody. So, my lawyer recommended that we file for a Reconsilation Dismissal and then we can reinstate the original divorce suit and go through with it. We want to wait till Mid January and then decide. My question is, what is the number of days that we can reinstate the orignal law suite if we dismiss for reconsilation? My lawyer thinks it is 120 days in Michigan. Or is there another route?   We basically want to stop spending all money on lawyers and try to make things work in therpy.

A Reconciliation/Dismissal is when parties to a domestic relations action work out their differences and decide to remain together as a family unit. All court actions will terminate. Since what you're doing is actually dismissing the current suit, if you do so without prejudice (which means either of you can refile), you could very well be able to refile when or if you please in the future.

Please hit "accept" so the company pays me for the response. Thanks.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
sorry my question is how long is the time limit to refile?

Again, I don't believe you have a limit on when you have to refile. And that should make sense because what if you reconciled for 4 years and it didn't work out or 2 months and it didn't work out? You should be able to refile if/when you determine the reconciliation was a failure.

Please hit "accept" so that I'm paid for the responses by the company. Thanks.