RayAnswers, Lawyer
Experience:  30 years as a family law lawyer .

I was just fired from my job because I caught my manager trying

I was just fired from my job because I caught my manager trying to cheat me out of 4000 dollars of commission and he fired me is there any recourse?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  RayAnswers replied 8 years ago.

Thanks for your question. Nebraska is an employment at will state. You may nonetheless have rights if your employer has a handbook or procedures here. Also there are some situations that there may be wrongful termination or your civil rights may have been violated here. The web site I am giving you here will go into depth on many of these issues in your state.

You may have several avenues here both within the compnay and without. You may also be able to file for unemployment here as well. This might give you some income while you are reviewing any other remedies. You certainly have my sympathy here. It does not seem like you were given any chance at all here.

Here's the web site..

Here's where to file for unemployment..