How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask RayAnswers Your Own Question
RayAnswers, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 40669
Experience:  30 years as a family law lawyer .
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
RayAnswers is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I own a home in the state of California, my boyfried has been

Customer Question

I own a home in the state of California, my boyfried has been living with me and I recently found out the he has been cheating on me in my own bed. I am away on bussiness often and can not trust that he will keep her out of my home, so I have changed the locks. Is this my right? What recourse could he possibly take under california law?
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  RayAnswers replied 8 years ago.
Thanks for your question. If this is your own home here you have the right to do so here. My sympathy for the situation. ther is no common law claim here in California. I think that you would be fine in such a situation.

You acted responsibly here. If he has possessions here you need to amke arrangements to give those to him and be done with the matter here. Otherwise you own the home and he was a guest. That relationship is over and you have moved on. Make sure he gets his stuff if he doesn't have it and it should be over. Good luck to you..
RayAnswers and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Thank you so much for the answer that gives me piece of mind!
Expert:  RayAnswers replied 8 years ago.
You're welcome and good luck here..

Related Family Law Questions