AttySince1978, Lawyer
Experience:  Family Law for over 20 years, which included acting as settlement Judge in the Family Law Courts.

we have a 08 mercedes clk..took it in for service and they

Customer Question

we have a 08 mercedes clk..took it in for service and they got into an accident on the lot. When I went to pick up the car, they told me they couldnt find the car. Next day I went back and they told me the same thing. I found the car myself and found out it had been in an accident. I think they were trying to hide the fact(this was a brand new car)..Does this get me out of the lease? Can I walk away? Thank you for [email protected]
Category: Family Law
Expert:  AttySince1978 replied 8 years ago.
The first thing I would do is contact the insurance company of the garage that caused damage to your vehicle. They have an obligation to repair you automobile. Damage to your vehicle will not allow you to walk away from the lease. Read your lease agreement. The agreement more than likely has a provision that provides that you must continue to pay your lease and cannot be released due to damage. Your best option is to have the insurance company of the station repair the damage they caused. They should also provide you with a similar vehicle at their expense while it is being repaired. If the auto cannot be repaired then the insurance company should pay off the lease on your behalf.
I hope this information gives you some ideas.

Please check ACCEPT answer so that I can receive credit for my response. Thank you.