Family Law Answers
Family Law Answers, Family Law Attorney
Experience:  more than 16 years experience as an attorney - current family law litigation + mediation practice

i havent seen my daughter in almost a up to date on

i havent seen my daughter in almost a up to date on my support. but i am getting out of the military very soon. my ex-wife wants sole custody and me to have no visitation. would i be able to get the support level dropped?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Family Law Answers replied 8 years ago.

Hi and thanks for your question.

If your wife has sole custody and you don't have visitation, that will not impact your child support amount and you would still have to pay full support per the guidelines. You would only be able to reduce your child support amount if your wife agreed to it - you would need to submit the agreement to the court for approval so that it becomes a legally enforceable court order.

I hope this answers your question (even if it may not necessarily want to be the answer you want to hear). If I have answered your question, please click the green Accept button. Thanks very much and best of luck.