amicuscuriae70
amicuscuriae70, Law Professor
Experience:  LLM with 12 years research-Please click ACCEPT so that I may get paid for my answers.
12137854

Does anyone have a background in philly family law. Custody

Customer Question

Does anyone have a background in philly family law. Custody not an issue
Category: Family Law
Expert:  amicuscuriae70 replied 8 years ago.
i understand the story but what exactly is the question? is it if he will have to pay child support on any of the children? is he employed right now as of the court date? how much is he making? how many children with the lady he is in court with and what is her salary?
Customer: replied 8 years ago.

He has absolutely nothing. He does not have a job, he can not get 5000 dollars by 29 days. Maybe though he is a college grad, he can make $1800 a month waiting tables, until something comes a long.

Anyway, my question is, if he gets some sort of job by then, but of course can not pay 5k. Is there away of avoiding prison. The court appointed lawyer could have cared less. He told Scott, to just tell the judge what he wanted to hear. The judge then asked the ex-wife if she would wait 30 days for the 5k. The judge had him brought before a witness and forced him to sign the decree. From what scott has told me. If he does not have 5k by October 30th he is going to jail. His wife is dying of Chrons but she is still working, barely, and he has no support network.

He can not pay for a "real lawyer" but a little money for that, so I want to know, if he can get a job. Devote half the income to the settlement, is there a way of avoiding prison, or is it 5k in four weeks or jail.

if the judge has ordered him to pay the 5k he must show that he can come up with a portion of the money at least and some way to pay the rest or the judge will order jail time. he must get some sort of job any job.