RayAnswers
RayAnswers, Lawyer
Experience:  30 years as a family law lawyer .
8534270

Can the 60 day waiting period for a divorce be waived There

Customer Question

Can the 60 day waiting period for a divorce be waived? There is absolutely no chance for reconciliation in our case. I'm buying a home of my own but cannot close on the mortgage until after the divorce is final, around Oct 18. The problem is that the special financing I've negotiated terminates Sept 30. Waiting for the low-cost uncontested divorce to become final will cost me thousands in mortgage fees and downpayments. Thanks for your help.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  RayAnswers replied 8 years ago.
HiCustomer Thank you for asking your question on Just Answer. The other Experts and I are working on your answer. By the way, it would help us to know:
-Could you explain your situation a little more?What state here are you in??

Thank you again for trusting us with your problem. Please reply as soon as possible so that we can finish answering your question.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.

Sorry, I thought I was on a Texas help site. I'm in Texas, Grayson County. My husband and I were married for 3 years. I have a daughter from a previous marriage. He has no children and decided he does not want children of any kind in his life, even a step-child. There is absolutely no chance for a reconciliation. We filed for an uncontested divorce on August 18. I've been in negotiations for a mortgage but must close on the mortgage by September 30 otherwise the special funding will be null and void costing me thousands more to purchase the home.

Is there a way to waive the 60 day waiting period for a divorce to become final in the state of Texas?

Thanks.

Thanks for the information. This is my state here. Unfortunately this is mandatory in Texas.
I'm sorry but this is set in the Texas Family Code. Is there any way to close if the ex signs a waiver of interest or something along those lines. That is the only way I can see you being able to close. Ask the title company if this is a possibility.

Here is legal reference for you..

http://www.ez-texas-divorce.com/FAQ.php

Thank you and please click accept so that I may be paid for my answer to you. Thank you for using Just Answer.

Legal Disclaimer: The information given by me is for informational/research use only and you are paying me only for such information. The information contained herewith is not legal advice and by rendering such information there is no formation of an attorney-client relationship. I also do not claim to be licensed to practice in the state where this information is being provided. I strive to provide quality information, but I make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained in or linked herein and it's associated sites. As law is always changing, you are advised to speak with legal counsel for accurate information.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.

The title company has said that I would have to include his debt information, but not his income, with my loan. At closing he would sign a Quit Claim Deed relinquishing all rights. The problem is that his debt is so high that my loan would be rejected. I have very little debt of my own and adding his debt to my mortgage would ruin my credit and I'd be back to square one.

I appreciate your answer. Thanks.

You're welcome and I'm sorry the law is mandatory here..