JD 1992
JD 1992, Lawyer
Experience:  Began practicing Family Law in 1992

what is the legal age for a child to live alone and take the

what is the legal age for a child to live alone and take the full responsibility of maintaining a home in florida ?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  JD 1992 replied 8 years ago.
The age of majority in Florida is 18, just as in most states. Under the age of 18 a person cannot be bound to a contract for anything other than "necessities" and therefore can't assume full responsibility for anything.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you. I believe I have answered all of the questions you asked so I would request that you please click the ACCEPT button so I receive credit for my work and leave feedback if you have a chance. Please consider clicking "BONUS" as a nice way of saying "thanks" for a job well done, although this is neither required nor expected. Please remember that we can only base our answers on the information you provide and sometimes a misunderstanding as to what you are looking for or already know occurs so feel free to ask additional questions. Please be aware that my answer is not legal advice, it is merely information and no attorney client relationship has been formed. You should always contact a local attorney for legal advice.