How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask RayAnswers Your Own Question
RayAnswers, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 40669
Experience:  30 years as a family law lawyer .
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
RayAnswers is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Im a foster parent to my biological children, my

Customer Question

I''m a foster parent to my biological children, my rights were terminated legally and my children were adopted. my question is this is there any kind of financial assistance available for me and my family?
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  RayAnswers replied 8 years ago.
Thanks for your question. If you are a foster parent here you should be getting paid by an agency to raise them. Most foster parents are licensed or certified by the state. You should receive payment from the agency that is employing you as a foster parent here. If I am missing something here please let me know.

This is sort of a confusing situation. You would be eligible for subsidies if you legally adopted them. These would be payable through the agency that allows you to adopt them. you can get subsidies for foster children since you are getting paid to care for them. In most situations they are eligible for medicaid here too..

Here is reference to adoption subsidies.



Thank you and please click accept so that I may be paid for my answer to you. Thank you for using Just Answer.

Legal Disclaimer: The information given by me is for informational/research use only and you are paying me only for such information. The information contained herewith is not legal advice and by rendering such information there is no formation of an attorney-client relationship. I also do not claim to be licensed to practice in the state where this information is being provided. I strive to provide quality information, but I make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained in or linked herein and it's associated sites. As law is always changing, you are advised to speak with legal counsel for accurate information.

Related Family Law Questions