Ellen, Lawyer
Experience:  25 years of experience helping people like you.
9968427

Live in Illinois and have custodial custody. Im ...

Live in Illinois and have custodial custody. I''m moving to Ohio, What are my legal responsibility?

Generally speaking, you are required to notify the court and petition for modification to move your child to Ohio based upon the best interest of the child.

You will want to show the court that
visitation can be modified to minimize the child's loss of contact with the noncustodial parent. This is commonly referred to as a "move away" contest.

If the court grants your petition , you will be able to direct your child support payments to Ohio.

I advise you to hire an attorney. However if you cannot, you can also purchase a software package online complete with state specific forms and instructions for filling out the forms and filing them. Here is the site: http://www.divorcesource.com

I hope that the information which I provided was helpful to you.

Best wishes for a successful outcome. If you have additional questions, please do not hesitate to submit them to me directly.

Thank you,
FLANDNYLAWYER

Please hit ACCEPT so that I can get credit for my work

Bonuses and Positive Feedback gratefully accepted!

THIS IS FOR INFORMATION ONLY. NO ATTORNEY-CLIENT RELATIONSHIP EXISTS. PLEASE CONSULT A LAWYER IN YOUR STATE FOR LEGAL ADVICE